I am an artist that enjoys wearing many different hats. I like to be a concept artist one day, and a painter the next, a sculptor in the morning and graphic designer at night. If I had a wish I would wish for more time. I am surrounded by lists of things I want to accomplish, half-finished projects, and sketches and scribbles on scraps of paper. In all this chaos, I am supported by my loving wife and our obnoxious, but loving kitties.
I graduated from the Art Institute of Atlanta (AIA), magna cum laude, and received awards for best portfolio, and highest GPA in my graduating class in the Media Arts and Animation department.
After school I began work at SpaceWorks Enterprises, Inc. I am now the art Director of the Space Media Group, a position that requires that I lead a small team of artists on creative, aerospace-themed projects. I also hold an Artist level membership in the International Association of Astronomical Artists (IAAA).
I think one of my greatest strengths is versatility and being able to call on a wide range of skills. I'm a quick learner and adaptable. I can pick up a new program or art medium and make it work for me
My current skillset includes:
- Storyboards, sketches and conceptual drawings
- Technical illustrations and chart designs
- 3D modeling, texturing, rigging, lighting, and rendering
- Graphic design and corporate branding
- 2D and 3D computer animation
- Basic video editing, special effects, and compositing
- Web design and basic web development
- Marketing materials, flyers, and handouts
- Painting, both traditionally and digitally
I am very familiar with and use the following industry standard tools frequently:
|Adobe Photoshop||Adobe Illustrator||Adobe After Effects||Adobe Premier|
|Adobe Dreamweaver||Adobe InDesign||Adobe Flash||Corel Painter|
|AutoDesk Maya||Pixelogic Sculptris||Google Sketchup|